Do you suffer from osteoporosis? That’s what supplements to use!
The Osteoporosis is a disease that causes a gradual weakening of the bones, which results in a higher risk of mild or severe fractures.
The therapy involves the use of particular drugs, accompanied by specific supplements for osteoporosis, useful for strengthening the skeletal system, alimentary the bone consistency and ensure a greater absorption of calcium.
We find out a little about the symptoms and the causes of osteoporosis, as well as supplements that you’ll want!
Symptoms and causes of osteoporosis
First, it’s good to know the types of osteoporosis known:
- Osteoporosis of the first type, which is mainly caused by a lack of calcium in the feed.
- Osteoporosis of the second type, which is characterized by a normal assimilation of calcium in your body, but an incorrect placement of the calcium in your body. In fact, calcium absorbed tends to be located in the soft tissues, instead of bones.
Osteoporosis, generally, does not present symptoms evident in the first phase, so that it is often diagnosed following a fracture. The most common symptoms, which are more visible when the disease is advanced, have a bad back and the lowering of stature or even a noticeable change of posture.
Osteoporosis tends to strike more frequently in menopausal women, being a closely related disease with aging. It is ascertained as the disease is however caused by an incorrect saturation of bone tissue, which occurs in the age of development (so long before compared to when it occurs). Even the supply of calcium-free or vitamin D, as anticipated, is one of the causes of osteoporosis, so it is good that you pay extra attention to your diet.
You may also like to read another article on Natural-Lotion: Principles of Osteopathy
What are the supplements for osteoporosis?
You need to know, before the supplements, substances that positively help your body in cases of osteoporosis, and for this reason are part of the same composition integrator.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin, together with its derivatives as calcifediol, calcitriol, alpha-calcidolo, provide an excellent assimilation of calcium in the intestine. For a menopausal woman suffering from osteoporosis, it is recommended to take 800 IU per day, while for men and women not in menopause the amount drops to 600 IU.
- Calcium: The calcium-based supplements are essential, especially for older people; as well as giving the right amount of calcium, supplements are well tolerated by the body and therefore are optimal care. The best dosage amounts of 1200 mg of calcium per day for women after menopause, while for women in pre-menopause or for men, the amount is 100 mg daily.
- Vitamin K: According to research and important medical studies data, has established himself as a vitamin K deficiency greatly increases the chances of osteoporosis or fractures. So it is good to consider how to assimilate the vitamin K in your diet.
Remember that an overdose of these active ingredients for your body: if you are taking a product for vitamin D, you will need to choose a supplement of just football. Also do not forget that supplements, whatever they may be, do not in any way replace proper nutrition which guarantees the right amount of nutrients listed.