Do you know what may be due to back pain? What you have on our health blog Natural-Lotion. Back pain is one of those symptoms may be due to a host of possible causes. If in the last six months or more have suffered constant pain should seek medical advice. But do not panic without knowing anything clear because in 90% of cases not attributed to any particular cause and least serious.
It is usually related to problems caused by overexertion, stress, poor posture and contracted muscles that never quite relax. They are known as non-specific low back pain.
Pain sometimes associated with the degeneration of the vertebrae and discs, sometimes osteoarthritis, fissures or nerve compression.
And the most exceptional back pain is a symptom of serious illness such as an infection or a tumor. In these cases the pain is not eased with treatments that do make refer nonspecific low back pain.
Risk factors that lead to back pain
There are some risk factors that help indicate which the source of pain in our back is:
- The gene may be the cause of certain disorders that contribute to back hurts, such as degenerative disc disease of the vertebrae.
- Lifestyle sedentary, that is, the absence of regular exercise, notably increases the risk of back pain, especially low back pain are given.
- The age is one of the most obvious causes and that over time our body structures are worn, so they appear ailments and diseases that cause back pain.
- When a person is overweight her back supports greater pressure, particularly in the lumbar area. During pregnancy women have an increase in body weight leads to suffering back pain.
- When we perceive our back pain remains or even worse we have to see a doctor. To diagnose what kind of problem we have ask for the medical records and we will do a physical exam. Among these tests we may have to realize ourselves: X-rays, MRIs, blood tests or scans.
As we mentioned before, there are plenty of reasons why one might suffer back pain. Let’s see some of them:
- Escoliosis: It is a condition that causes the spine to curve from side to side so that it forms a C or S. No treatment is needed always; everything depends on the severity of the curvature.
- Hernia Lumbar disc: When the inner core of the disc moves produces irritation of a nerve. Sometimes the pain spreads from the back to the leg.
- Osteoartritis: Some joints degenerate and backache in addition to reducing the flexibility of the spine. Osteoarthritis can be the start of a spinal stenosis, i.e. narrowing of the nerves of the spinal cord, which put pressure on the nerve root and cause pain.
- Degeneración Discs: Discs are losing water containing bringing the vertebrae closer together and discs do not absorb the impacts of movement.
- Estenosis Lumbar: This is the narrowing of the spinal canal and when it appears it usually does in old age.
Apart from these there are many other diseases, some more serious, some less. The question is if it hurts a lot and does not subside with time, we must see a doctor.