Natural recipes to stop smoking
Quitting smoking is one of the best decisions we can make when we have this bad habit in our lives. Year after year we have known the terrible consequences of this vice to the body, so more and more smokers who want to quit improve their quality of life.
Although many feel that quitting is very simple, the truth is that a person addicted to smoking cannot do so easily. The process of quitting can be long, difficult and requires a lot of commitment from the smoker.
Almost all smokers who want to stop this terrible habit have to try again and again to do so. The most important thing is not to give up and always keep in mind that it is possible to stop smoking.
If you are someone who has not yet succeeded in overcoming addiction to smoking, the following tips and natural remedies do not miss to stop this bad habit.
Simple Tips to stop smoking
- Start by setting a date where you want to quit. It does not necessarily have to be the next day or next week. You can draw a not too distant date and reduce the number of cigarettes in the days prior to the date marked. The idea is that the day chosen a single cigarette does not smoke.
- Learn about the benefits of quitting smoking to be more motivated.
- Replace smoking with another type of activity that generates pleasure. You can take pictures, play sports, meet friends, or call a family, among others.
- Share with your friends and family the decision to quit. They can be a great help to avoid this bad habit and motivation to meet the target.
- Before coming to the date on which it has decided to stop smoking, throw away all cigarettes have reserved and clean each area of your home or work that can be impregnated with the cigarette smell.
- Get a piggy bank and start filling it with the money normally spent on cigarettes. At first it may seem a paltry sum, but long term, it will realize how much money you save to stop this horrible habit.
Home remedies to stop smoking
Besides taking into account the above recommendations, you can also choose any of the following home remedies to control the urge to smoke:
This plant is characterized by reducing the pleasure generated by the habit of smoking. Consuming it can significantly help to stop smoking, because it inhibits the production of dopamine, the neurotransmitter responsible for providing a sense of wellbeing, which is stimulated by nicotine cigarette.
The gum has become popular in recent years for its effectiveness to quit. Ideally, choose sugar-free chewing gum, which is less harmful to teeth. This trick can be very helpful because it keeps the mouth and mind occupied while chewing, while providing a sense of wellbeing.
The valerian is a plant with sedative effects that can help reduce stress and anxiety episodes that occur when trying to quit. Although it has some contraindications, it is shown that two or three cups a day of infusion of valerian can help to control the urge to smoke. Its use is recommended especially before sleeping, to avoid interrupting daily activities for its sedative effect.
Cayenne is one of the quintessential natural remedies when you want to quit. Their properties help to detoxify the body of those harmful substances from cigarettes while reducing cravings. Include cayenne pepper diet or make a tea with it helps control cravings, while stimulating the pulmonary toilet.
Cloves are a very healthy spice that can significantly reduce cravings. It is therefore recommended to put on a nail in the mouth immediately after smoking and keep it there for two hours.